FREE UTC Clock Software
HamTimer Release Version 2.1
All new! Version 2 is written in Visual Basic.NET.
HamTimer 2 was rewritten and targeted for systems running Windows 7.
It has been successfully run on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit), and Windows XP SP3 (32-bit) systems.
(The original HamTimer version 1.22 is available here)
What? ANOTHER UTC clock application??? Well yes, let me explain...
HamTimer was written by WFØGM to:
- Provide a way of showing both UTC Time and Local Time simultaneously.
- Provide a reminder to the Amateur Operator to identify his/her station every 10 minutes as necessary.
- Sound an alarm for WWV solar activity announcements each hour.
- NEW! Ever ask yourself what the local time will be when the contest starts? Now there is a new tool to help you convert UTC time to local time.
- NEW! Alarm clock feature lets you set any time that you would like an alarm to sound within a 24 hour period.
- NEW! Custom Countdown Timer. Loads as an independent application running in a separate window.
Main View showing the Alarm Clock feature enabled and set to activate at 7:00 PM as shown on the title bar.
The Local Time label is shaded to also indicate the Alarm Clock feature is active.
Version 2.1 added a tool tip targeted for Windows 10 users. Just hover your mouse over the Local Time label, and you will see the time the Alarm is set to.
Your Time Zone is shown in the status bar and in the screenshot above, you can see that the 10 minute ID Alarm will activate in 8 minutes and 29 seconds.
The WWV alarm is shown here to activate in 53 minutes and 44 seconds.
There is an Options window where all user preferences may be set. You can set the background color, each clock, and each clock label to any color you choose. All these options are saved automatically, so your preferences load the next time you run the program.
Perhaps you only want to view the UTC clock.
This is one of 5 views available to you from the View menu.
Here is a screen shot of the Options Window.
Here you have options for the ID Reminder, the WWV Reminder, Screen and Sound options, and also a tab to setup the Alarm Clock time.
On the Sound tab you can select which WAV file you want your sound system to play.
You can select a different sound for each of the alarms, and enable or disable each alarm.
This is a window available on the Tools menu.
Here you can select the UTC Hour that a contest begins for a conversion to your local time.
This is HamTimer's custom countdown timer.
It is a separate app bundled with HamTimer.
Here you can see that is will activate in 59 minutes and 55 seconds.
There is also a full Help file to read which will guide you through using the program.
Download a FREE copy of HamTimer 2 for your Amateur Radio Station!
Install File (3.7MB)
Unzip and run the installer.